Our client are looking for a Design Architect who can be the subject matter expert on all technical aspects of outside plant such as Fibre Cable, Connectivity Products, Blown Fibre etc. and associated build practices such as cabling, splicing, civils, testing etc.
You will have a deep understanding of building, commissioning and testing of the outside/inside plant of FTTP networks.
- The successful candidate will be accountable for the end to end definition and delivery of the companies FTTP passive network strategy (including core, distribution, access network), including ownership of all existing fibre design related topics within the current network architecture. This role will guide the Design and Technical Teams and will be responsible for defining, designing and planning the future fibre operating model, delivering a world class full fibre solution over the coming years.
- This role is pivotal to underpinning the strategic growth of the company, supporting the technical team, planning department and commercial/finance teams acting as a key channel for shaping future demand and pipeline management.
- The Design Architect works in matrix organisation pulling in cross domain resource as required.
- Development and execution of the Fibre Strategy as signed off by the company and endorsed by the Head of Planning, including definition of any proposed changes as the current fibre network matures and opportunities develop.
- Accountable for all proposed architecture design, plan and deployment activity in line with the organisation’s strategy.
- Ensuring that the fibre solution deployed delivers the necessary technical and commercial requirement to allow the company to compete in the market and deliver the necessary customer experience.
- Senior management level stakeholder management, internal and external stakeholder management which requires proven ability to work across different stakeholder groups.
The experience our client is looking for is to bring the following:
- Excellent organisational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) which will be utilised in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
- Evidence of experience building design & build guidelines and topologies within FTTP architecture.
- Great at building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Keen and eager to learn new things.
- Passionate about telecommunications and technology.
- A strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and bonus, get to work with some of the best technology in the market. Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas and knowledge. You’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days, Birthday leave, cycle to work scheme, flexible WFH policy, Vitality Health and get to work with an amazing team.